- "America's Founding Fathers, under George Washington's leadership, drew deeply upon Judeo-Christian roots and concepts of duty among Colonists of every belief, race and nation. The seriousness of this commitment pervades the language of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution with its Bill of Rights which followed in 1791. The Bible illumined the way to liberty and its rewards of prosperity and happiness in the new republic, one nation under God.
- Embracing the Bible's scriptural principles as a blueprint for human development, the Founders inspired people of the thirteen colonies to rise to the heights of fortitude and courage. The United States remains one nation under God, the "Lord and Ruler of all Nations", with liberty and justice for all.
- The nation's freedom will endure only as long as its citizens sustain it. America's system of government is the child of wisdom and the ward of vigilance. George Washington's tested supernatural faith in God's "Superintending Power" is his finest bequest to us."
The above paragraphs are excerpts from the book "The Spiritual Journey of George Washington", by Janice T. Connell (from page XXIV of the Introduction and pages 132 and 133). This great book, highly recommended by Retired U.S. Major General Pat Brady (who called it a "must read") and others, was published in 2013. It proudly states, "Made in the U.S.A.".
Introduction: The Government's Responsibility, under The U.S. Constitution
In the form in which the U.S.A. was founded, all three branches of the federal government are bound to comply with the requirements of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, granting rights to all persons, regardless of race, sex or age. Science has now shown that unborn babies are persons, from the moment of conception. (Refer to Medical /Science - Life Before Birth section.) This is supported by legal reasoning from the Constitution. (Refer to Alan Keyes - The Constitution proves every fetus is a person on the Renew America website). This confirms what is stated in the Bible's Old Testament and New Testament. (Refer to What does the Bible teach about abortion section.) Therefore, the unborn have the rights of all persons, particularly the right to life that is stated as an "inalienable right" in the Declaration of Independence.
This right to life of the unborn must be upheld by all three branches, the Executive (the President and his administration), the Congress (Senate and House of Representatives) and the Supreme Court. As our government is "of the people, by the people and for the people", anyone seeking political office to serve his or her fellow citizens needs to honor this right of the unborn.
In the following sections, we explore how the political parties and candidates align themselves in regard to this fundamental right. Select a tab to be directed to the sections below:
Mike Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State, with President Donald Trump
The Trump/Pence Administration's Position and Actions
In addition to combatting attempts to define abortion as a human right, Pompeo has also called out nations committing human rights abuses through forced abortion. Recently, Pompeo strongly condemned the ongoing atrocity of forced abortion in China following a recent report, calling the revelations “horrifying.” Pompeo said China’s record shows “an utter disregard for the sanctity of human life and basic human dignity.”
The above content is quoted from the July 24, 2020 article on the website of LiveAction.org. For the full article on this site, use this link:
Advice of Catholic Bishop Athanasius Schneider: "Put God Back In Charge"
Parties Stand on Life
President Trump’s Historic Speech at The National March For Life, January 24, 2020
Here are excerpts from President Trump's speech:
• “It is my profound honor to be the first President in history to attend the March for Life. We’re here for a very simple reason, to defend the right of every child born and unborn, to fulfill their God-given potential.”
• “Unborn children have never had a stronger defender in the White House. And from the first day in office, I’ve taken historic action to support America’s families and to protect the unborn.”
• “All of us here today understand an eternal truth, every child is a precious and sacred gift from God. Together we must protect, cherish, and defend the dignity and the sanctity of every human life."
• “When we see the image of a baby in the womb, we glimpse at the majesty of God’s creation. When we hold a newborn in our arms, we know the endless love that each child brings to a family. When we watch a child grow, we see the splendor that radiates from each human soul. One life changes the world.”
• “The life movement is led by strong women, amazing faith leaders, and brave students who carry on the legacy of pioneers before us who fought to raise the conscience of our nation and uphold the rights of our citizens. You embrace mothers with care and compassion. You are powered by prayer and motivated by pure, unselfish love.”
• “We cannot know what our citizens yet unborn will achieve, the dreams they will imagine, the masterpieces they will create, the discoveries they will make. But we know this… Every person is worth protecting. And above all, we know that every human soul is divine and every human life, born and unborn, is made in the holy image of Almighty God.”
Click here to listen to the entire speech: President Trump
Source: Life Site News, 1/24/2020
DNC Chair Declares There Is No Place For Pro-Life Democrats In Today’s Party
April 23, 2017:
Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez became the first head of the party to demand ideological purity on abortion rights, promising Friday to support only Democratic candidates who back a woman’s right to choose.
“Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman’s right to make her own choices about her body and her health,” Perez said in a statement. “That is not negotiable and should not change city by city or state by state.”
“At a time when women’s rights are under assault from the White House, the Republican Congress, and in states across the country,” he added, “we must speak up for this principle as loudly as ever and with one voice.”
The above content is quoted from the April 23 2017 article on the website of Hotair.com. Here is a link to this article on the Hotair site: No Place for Pro-Life Democrats in Today's Party
Link here to read the Democratic Party Platform's statement regarding abortion: Party Platforms Comparison - Sanctity of Human Life.
In brief, the Democratic Party considers abortion, i.e., the killing of an unborn baby, to be "reproductive health care" that is the mother's "right" at any age of the baby until birth and, further, that taxpayers should subsidize this. Joe Biden has been endorsed by Planned Parenthood, the abortion provider. For more related information, link here to Joe Biden on Abortion .
The Previous Administration's Position and Actions
TIMOTHY CARDINAL DOLAN, ARCHBISHOP OF NEW YORK, COMMENTS ON PRESIDENT TRUMP'S ACTIONS AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY'S CHANGED POSITIONS IN RELATION TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
“We’ve got heroic donors that have come through and we’ve got the promise of our leaders, and as I said, especially President Trump, who really showed a solicitude for Catholic schools, Catholic charities, Catholic health care,” Cardinal Dolan said. “Bravo.”
The above content is copied from an April 23 2020 article on the website of AmericaMagazine.org. Here is a link to this article on this site:
Cardinal Dolan pointed to the Democratic party favoring a radical abortion agenda over protecting the human rights of unborn children and all-out efforts to block education credits to help poor and low-income families access Catholic and other nonpublic schools.
Copyright ©2018 Catholic News Service/U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The above content is copied from an article appearing on the website of the Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore. Here is a link to this article on this site: Cardinal Dolan: Democrats Abandon Catholics
2017 to Present:
Trump cancels fetal-research funding Affirms 'that this is a strongly pro-life administration'
June 5, 2019
After a nine-month review of all research involving fetal tissue harvested from elective abortions, the Trump administration has canceled a contract that provides government funding to the University of California, San Francisco.
An Administration official explained the move is part of "a consistent charge to take a pro-life perspective on all policies."
The decision to cancel the UCSF contract was made at the president's direction, a senior official told the Daily Caller, noting it was a source of tension with top Health and Human Services (HHS) Department officials. This was a decision by the president to affirm that this is a strongly pro-life administration, coming after months of frustration that the gruesome practice hadn’t been ended already by the agency," the official said.
Governing funding of fetal-tissue research was banned in 1988. But during the Clinton administration, Congress lifted the ban and voted for government funding.
The HHS is considering research alternatives such as stem cells from cord blood and fetal tissue procured after accidents.
The foregoing paragraphs are excerpts from the June 5, 2019 article appearing on the website of Breitbart. Here is a link to this article on this site: Cancellation of Fetal Research Funding
President Donald Trump urged the pro-life movement to remain united in the face of opposition from the radical left, restating his own pro-life position.
May 19 2019
“We have come very far in the last two years with 105 wonderful new Federal Judges (many more to come), two great new Supreme Court Justices, the Mexico City Policy, and a whole new & positive attitude about the Right to Life,” Trump wrote on Twitter.
Trump addressed the pro-life movement after a bill protecting unborn children after six weeks was signed in Alabama, prompting a storm of outrage from the left.
“The Radical Left, with late-term abortion (and worse), is imploding on this issue. We must stick together and Win for Life in 2020,” President Trump wrote. “If we are foolish and do not stay UNITED as one, all of our hard fought gains for Life can, and will, rapidly disappear!”
The foregoing paragraphs are excerpts from the May 19, 2019 article appearing on the website of Breitbart. Here is a link to this article on this site: Pro-Life Unity urged
Joe Biden's New Position on Abortion
Joe Biden Betrays His Fellow Catholics
The title above and the content below is copied from a March 16, 2020 article in Crisis Magazine by Dr. Paul Kengor, Professor of Political Science at Grove City University, addressing Joe Biden's surprise sudden reversal of his previous support of the Hyde Amendment.
The following is copied from Paul Kengor's article, "Joe Biden Betrays His Fellow Catholics":
Biden allowed an angry, sobbing Elizabeth Warren and fellow fringe abortion activists to browbeat him into reversing himself on the Hyde Amendment last summer. To wit: In June, in Atlanta, under enormous pressure from the likes of Senator Warren, Senator Kamala Harris, and the rabidly “pro-choice” liberal base, Biden—already deemed the Democrat presidential frontrunner for 2020—said: “For many years (since 1970) as a U.S. senator, I have supported the Hyde Amendment as many, many others have because there was sufficient monies and circumstances where women were able to exercise that right [to abortion], women of color, poor women, women were not able to have access…. But circumstances have changed. I can’t justify leaving millions of women without access to the care they need and their ability to exercise their constitutionally protected right.”
Can you imagine if Donald Trump took that position? Would it take liberals even 30 seconds to denounce him as a racist? Yet, for Biden, liberals hailed this as a laudable moment of growth—Joe’s enlightenment. Here was a new Joe, a good Joe.
What an ideal moment that would have been for Joe Biden to man up, to not let the angry ladies of liberalism push him into not defending unborn babies. He will rue the day he cowered on the Hyde Amendment.
Here is a link to Paul Kengor's article on the website of Crisis Magazine: www.crisismagazine.com - Joe-Biden-betrays-his-fellow-catholics
For a comparison of the Platforms of the Republican Party and the Democratic Party on all election issues, including Abortion vs. Life, link here to our website's Party Platforms Comparison page and use the buttons to select the section on "Sanctity of Human Life" - or click on the blue button below: